Saturday, June 1, 2013

Today is The Day - Planning My New Documentary

Today is the day that I am beginning work on my new documentary, and perhaps, my first film. In the Fall (2013) I plan on taking Documentary Studies at Georgia State University. I haven't studied documentaries formally, but I have watched them growing up which has ultimately shed light on my interest in documenting. Documentaries have always provided me with an alternative way to grasp and understand information without having to resort to a textbook. The information was quicker and the amount smaller, but I liked it better. I am all about visuals! Reading is cool too, but c'mon, who wouldn't be interested in the same material in video-format? Exactly.

We may not know it, but documentaries are always in our lives: We see commercials with documentary-like traits. We watch documentaries in all levels of education. Most importantly, our lives are documentaries, and our memories are the scenes that we create and replay. Documentaries will always provide us with an interesting and specific way to engage a subject that only film and video allows us to do.

The idea for my documentary was given to me by my mother, and I will not be able to share the idea until the film is actually being produced. As of now, I am a bit nervous in doing this film, because after all, I will need participants that don't mind being interviewed and companies that don't mind being exposed.

For now, that's all you get. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment